Lawrence R. Moter, Jr.
Atlantic Coast Chapter,
2510 Grenoble Rd
Richmond, VA 23294
Phone: (804) 672-2234
Fax: (804) 672-2135
Jason J. Schumm
Assistant Chapter Manager
Atlantic Coast Chapter,
8116 South Tryon Street
Suite B-3 # 238
Charlotte, NC 28273
Phone: (804) 929-8304
Marketing | Convention/Electrical Industry Exposition |
This is what NECA does for you, as a Member:
Government Affairs | Labor Relations | Technical Services |
Other Member Services
- NECA enhances the market position of signatory electrical contractors by negotiating the most competitive terms in both national and local agreements.
- NECA helps members increase job profits through training in such programs as Effective Supervision, Electrical estimating, and the JATC programs.
- NECA maintains close contact with the Department of Consumer and Industry Service in order to protect or gain prevailing wage rates that reflect wages paid by member contractors.
- NECA improves the image of unionized construction with project owners by participating in numerous construction industry discussion groups.
- NECA assures a positive image for electrical construction by collecting and disseminating timely, accurate data.
- NECA promotes the industry's common interests through a positive working relationship with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers.
- NECA enables members to capitalize on market opportunities by providing a workforce trained in emerging technologies identified via constant contact with industry sources.
- NECA has long sponsored highly effective institutional advertising campaigns designed to inform the public of the electrical contractor's professional expertise.
- NECA's electrical design monographs inform design professionals, building developers and contractors of the latest in electrical installation and help promote members' services.
- The NECA Connection, our new computerized marketing service, links buyers and sellers of electrical contracting services, another way NECA helps you get business.
- By promoting electrical contractors' interests in our involvement with manufacturers, distributors, utilities and specialty groups, we help members gain marketing clout.
- NECA provides sales training seminars and easy-to-use self-study sales training guides geared exclusively to electrical contractors.
- NECA promotes and publicizes all activities which contribute to the public's awareness of the many benefits provided by member firms.
- NECA conducts and publishes specific market research studies exclusively for the benefit of member electrical construction firms.
Convention/Electrical Industry Exposition
- The NECA Electrical Industry Exposition provides an incomparable display of electrical construction products and services.
- The NECA Convention/Exposition offers NECA Members a unique opportunity to exchange ideas with other top electrical contractors.
- By attending the Electrical Industry Exposition, you can learn about the newest electrical construction products and services designed to improve your profits.
- The NECA Convention/Exposition is the most economical educational opportunity for electrical contractors and their key employees.
- Educational seminars offered at the NECA annual convention are the best programs available within the industry on electrical construction management.
- NECA monitors all federal legislation to make certain that it does not hinder the ability of member firms to operate efficiently and profitably.
- The Electrical Construction Political Action Committee helps elect legislators who have your industry's financial well-being in mind.
- NECA serves a watchdog role in the formation of OSHA standards and publishes compliance guidance to help members work profitably, productively and legally.
- NECA's legislative action program means better laws so that you may have a chance to earn an honest profit with less government red tape and interference.
- NECA monitors and reports on important court cases and legislation that impact the operations and finances of member firms.
- We work with allied associations to help cut government red tape and promote the enactment of sensible regulations that you can live and prosper by.
- As a charter member of the American Tort Reform Association, NECA seeks to remedy the ills of the civil justice systems that could threaten the electrical contracting industry.
- Our involvement in federal regulatory affairs includes publishing compliance assistance materials designed to keep members out of hot water and in business at a profit.
- NECA promotes such educational events as the ASC Legislative Conference to help keep members informed so they can work to effect good government.
- NECA promotes our members' interests through active sponsorship of the council on Industrial Relations, construction's oldest and most successful dispute-resolution forum.
- Through the use of the Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee Program, NECA member firms increase employee skills and, ultimately, profits.
- NECA identifies emerging market trends in electrical contracting and provides technical information study kits to help members market and deliver profitable new services.
- NECA promotes safe, efficient equipment standards by representing the interests of electrical contractors on the Electrical Council of Underwriters Laboratories.
- NECA's training programs build a technically-skilled safety-conscious workforce, assuring customer satisfaction and improving electrical industry productivity.
- NECA represents the interests of electrical contractors in the formation of electrical materials standards by the American National Standards Institute.
- NECA's involvement in National Electrical Code development has helped to set basic standards for electrical equipment, materials and safe installation methods since 1901.
- NECA works in coalition with other specialty industry organizations to develop technical information for our members.
- NECA maintains an exclusive reference file on legal precedents in construction claims for members and their attorneys.
- NECA's Tool and Equipment Rental Schedule helps members ensure that they account for job costs accurately, thus eliminating a major worry in the competitive bidding process.
NECA's research efforts yield such labor costs studies as the Manual of Labor Units, providing members with reliable guidance for more than 50 years.
Other Member Services
- NECA's publications bring you the latest electrical construction industry news PLUS tips to help you increase productivity and profits through improved management.
- NECA stays on top of coming issues in electrical contracting by studying a wide variety of industry-related trade publications and maintaining contact with allied associations.
- NECA informs members of all new services as well as timely industry development in the weekly NECA News.
- NECA's International Study Missions enable electrical contractors to exchange ideas with their overseas counterparts and foster global relationships.
- NECA offers management and financial seminars to help members manage their businesses for greater productivity and profits.
- NECA addresses management succession in such programs as Elements of Electrical Contracting Management conducted at Arizona State University.
- NECA membership offers electrical contractors their best opportunity to shape the future of their industry.
Back to Top